Aeris Atmos LX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andyallen69

Registered
Reaction score
I think ive finally decided on the LX as my new BC, but just one question.
With the weight pockets full, how much room is there in the BC pockets, could they take a reel and SMB ?

I have the Atmos LX and there is definitely not enough room for an SMB in them, even with the weight pockets empty. You might be able to squeeze a reel in there, but it would have to be pretty thin.

I keep a slate in one and a light and some small misc. items in the other. The pouches run from front to back of the BC, but they are very narrow.

I ended up rigging a pouch to the outside using the knife mount grommets on the BC for my SMB and reel. I have not dived with it yet, but it looks like it will keep the SMB out of the way, yet secure. My goal was to keep it from dangling next to me like I see a lot of people carrying them.

The pouch is from Deep Outdoors that I got from Scuba.com for about $6. I added some fastex buckles (would have preferred black, but had tan ones laying around) and drilled two holes in it to match the grommets on the BC and ran a zip tie through them. The SMB in the pouch is the standard one from DAN.

Scuba003.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom