Henderson 1mm Microprene vs Pinnacle Shadow .5mm??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eduardo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've worn a 3mm XCEL full suit in 75 degree waters of Hawaii and Sea of Cortex and am considering a lighter full suit for a summer caribbean trip to USVI (80+ temps right?)

Anyone have experiences or opinions regarding the Henderson 1mm Microprene versus the Pinnacle .5mm Shadow?

I read somewhere that the Henderson logos tend to peal off their wetsuits. True?

Thanks!

Well, on my Henderson diveskin the logos peeled very easily but I don't know if that's normal or not. I've used the Pinnacle Shadow, I like it for warm waters - In my experience Pinnacle makes some quality suits.

Thanks Wolfie. Pinnacle seems to be somewhat of the 'up and comer' in the dive world.

Yup, the micropene lettering came of on my suit as well (it's a cheap press on type). Other than that the suit served me well when diving in Mexico and Cuba (low 80s). Mind you, I did max 2 dives a day. In the St. Lawrence river where the temps in the summer can reach low to mid 70s I combined it with 7mm farmer johns and was comfortable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom