Sometimes you're just pleasantly surprised :D

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A few months back my faithful "Snorkel Bob's" SeeMo' Bettah Rx Mask started falling apart - the hinge cracked, the other broke off completely, and the mask was in general disrepair (silicone turned dark yellow etc) So after several years of good use from this mask I decided on a Hydrooptix for a replacement. I've been quite happy with my hydrooptix, but I still end up using my "Snorkel Bob's" mask quite often.

As it turns out I was walking by the local Snorkel Bob's store yesterday with my mask on the way to go diving and thought "why not see if I can buy a new one to put my lenses in?" In I go with my yellowed cracking mask to see if they could sell me a new mask. The clerk, Gus, tells me that if I can leave it for a couple hours he will see what he can do about fixing my old one. Long story short (or even longer ...) I took it in this morning before work, rented a mask from them for the day (forgot my Hydrooptix at home) and went back at lunch break to see how it was coming. There sat my mask... all cleaned, fixed and even a new strap - Honestly I think they just replaced the mask with a new one, but he only charged me for the new strap - a whopping $8 :D - as I originally went in to buy a replacement ($79) I was one VERY happy diver today - the silicone is so much more supple I no longer get those small leaks along the sides when I smile (which would have been a big problem for how happy I was in my new mask!)

Just had to say how happy I was (again) with Snorkel Bob's for taking care of a customer, when they had no obligation to do so. :D

Aloha, Tim

Guess "somebody" is looking out for you?

kidspot:
As it turns out I was walking by the local Snorkel Bob's store yesterday with my mask on
Do people look at you funny when you do that?

j/k Too early in the morning..............:D

Lopaka:
Do people look at you funny when you do that?

j/k Too early in the morning..............:D

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

lol - oops - amazing how much difference a simple little "," can make isn't it :D

try this instead
As it turns out I was walking by the local Snorkel Bob's store yesterday with my mask, on the way to go diving...

really gotta watch your grammar and punctuation around here ... speling two :D

thx for the laugh :)

Tim

I love stories like this. Thanks for sharing!

I think I would have used up your good Karma points on something better than a mask like say finding a free dive boat on the beach! Nice story. :)

what's really impressive is that this is the second time they've done something like this when I have taken the same mask in (lens change last time - another earlier post ... somewhere on SB) I walked into my lds (next door) after this and told him "Sorry Arty ... Snorkel Bob's has got my mask business" :D He agreed after hearing the story too - I think he might have taken his business there too in the same situation lol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom