Fred T plate and Halcyon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Compressor

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
2 questions for the masters divers on this great forum:

Where can I see a pic of the famous Fred T plate?

Also anyplace to buy discoutned Halcyon products? LP does not carry it.

Thank you

compressor once bubbled...
Also anyplace to buy discounted Halcyon products? LP does not carry it.
Lloyd Bailey's have decent prices on Halcyon gear - I've bought from them before. They don't always list prices so you may have to ring them to get a quote and place an order. Ask for an estimated delivery time though - they're not always the quickest shippers, but have been helpful and honest in my dealings with them (two purchases). Also check out eBay for used rigs.

The three horizontal slots provide an additional harness routing option that may be beneficial to women.

Using a routing that comes over the shoulders from the center of the plate may provide a more comfortable fit for those with upper chest considerations.

Hope this helps.

C_C

C_C once bubbled...
The three horizontal slots provide an additional harness routing option that may be beneficial to women.

Using a routing that comes over the shoulders from the center of the plate may provide a more comfortable fit for those with upper chest considerations.

Hope this helps.

C_C

Interesting. Thank you

Thank you to all of you for the replies. More welcome.

I'm thinking of getting a short FredT plate. Does anyone know if it comes with instructions on how to rig it with those extra slots? I've worn a Halcyon plate, and it didn't interfere with my chest, so I'm not really sure if I would use those extra slots or not. But it's nice to have options.

-christen

photos of the alternate routing methods are available, but large. If I can get my photo editor unbuggy again I'll resize them, but for now it's about a 3 meg e-mail. Shoot me an e-mail if you want the pictures.

I called Lloyd Bailey's and they stated that they have a directive from Halcyon to sell Full Retail and no discounting allowed. Kind of like Scubapro.

But I think it is worth the price.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom