Lost weight. Add or reduce weights.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

underachiever

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have lost 10-12 lbs. since my last dive. Headed to Cozumel Friday. Should I need more/less weight? Or is this enough to make a difference? Goal is to lose about 30 lbs.

Probably enought to drop a couple lbs of lead. I would carry the same amount the first dive and adjust as you go along.

Between my last two dive vacations, I lost about 40 lbs. and found myself needing about 3 lbs. lighter in lead with only a skin for exposure protection. I dropped 2 lbs. in lead for my first dive, and adjusted accordingly until I felt properly weighted by about the 3rd or 4th dive.

I've lost weight and added weight ... but in my case I think it's because there's so much extra room in my drysuit now that it traps air ... :11:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I need to go do some pool work because for the past 4 month, I've been using 20lbs of lead and its making me drop even faster. Before those 4 months, I had soggy fat and now all I have is muscle mass. Out with the lighter fat, in with the heavy muscle, its also driving me crazy especially when Thursday weight in comes, I'm heavy at the scale, but I can fit into a size 30 pants, and wear a small size wetsuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom