Blizzard arriving in 8 hours

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JGBrown

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I bought a blizzard on clearance from a shop in the states, it will be my first regulator.
I bought it because of all the places I've read about the reliability in cold water and resistance to dirt and crud.
I'll be in 44F and colder most of the time, especially when I head up north to the yukon:eyebrow:

Dumb question time:
is there any adjusting or setup that I'll need to do before using it?

I am going to spend my day sleeping by the door so I don't miss the UPS guy this time.

I asked on here and researched online and the blizzard kept coming as well regarded for reliabilty, which is what I really want, after a nasty experience with the rental set in my OW class, the previous user left me a tasty treat in it for me.

There is your normal pre-dive set up , but as for adjustment to the regulator itself ,no . The 1st stage is self adjusting and the 2nd stage is factory set so you do not need to make any adjustments. Thanks for diving with Sherwood SCUBA

Ok, thanks, is there any way to tell what model year it is?
its got only 1HP port, and its a got a round hard black plastic facepiece with a large exhaust tee, thepaperwork says MSC2C95
Part number M-Blizzard

The bottom of the first stage has a inset sort of rubberized sticker, that says Sherwood Scuba witha blue and white line running underneath.
and it is significantly longer then the current model.
the hose has a hose protector with 2 green rings near the first stage, and a plastic one at the mouthpiece that says Blizzard
it buzzes on exhale, is that normal?
The owners manual has the number SRB3900 and a black and white photo on the front of the owners manual. Its 12 pages long.

I'm glad kits are available, since it is NIB, should I replace all seals etc?
Why is the piston body much longer then the current model, will it breathe just as well?
hoping I don't smack my head on it too often, it sits much closer then I would like.

The first stage was a little different then the current model, it was a 3 pcs design that had a set screw when you would adjust the IP, works very well.

Actually, I really liked that design. It was very easy to adjust the IP. Why did they go back to the shims?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom