Looking for buddy for Sudan liveaboard trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Juho

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm going for a liveaboard trip with M/S Royal Emperor from Port Sudan from May 26th to June 2nd. None of my regular diving buddies could make it so I'm looking for somebody with similar or higher experience and low air/nitrox consumption to join the trip.

The cost of the trip is around 1000 euros (excluding flights and equipment rent) and as far as I know there are only 1-2 places left in the boat. It takes the North Route (Wingate - Umbria - Sanganeb - Shaab Rumi - Précontinent II - Shaab Suedi - Blue Belt - Qita el Banna - Merlo - Angarosh - Abington).

Please send me a private message if you're interested and I'll send all the details.

Hi Juho

I'm really interested in diving Sudan next october...any recomendations based on your trip?

Thanks in advance,
Pedro

I went with M/S Royal Emperor and I'm pretty sure it was the best choice for me. For myself I saw only two real alternatives: Don Questo and Royal Emperor. Advantages and disadvantages from my point of view and to my best knowledge:

Don Questo
+ cheaper
+ possibility of shark feed
- booked months in advance

Royal Emperor
+ more dives in the trip
+ bit more luxurious

That being said, I would have gone with Don Questo if it had been available. However, I was happy with RE. I was considering doing another trip later this year but I will most likely go to RSA instead for serious shark diving.

Some photos from the trip (not featuring video clips I took of e.g. hammerheads): http://picasaweb.google.com/jsarkila/SudaneseRedSea

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom