flow restriction in dry suit hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alian1

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I'm seeking some opinions on the use of flow restriction in drysuit hoses. My wife Whites drysuit came with one (a little plastic insert that reduces the size of the hose opening). The idea seems reasonable to give you more time to disconnect if your inflator sticks open and I'm wondering if I should get one for my own drysuit hose. It does slow inflation speed down but since I dont believe in using the DS for buyoancy control, I dont think that's a problem. I've been trying to think about more pros and cons for it and figured that someone out here ought to have an opinion and thought of something I'm not thinking about.

Thanks

This is the first time i have heard of an insert in a hose. Most are in the valve themselves.

If you aren't using your dry suit for a BC I don't think there are any cons. If it makes you fell more comfortable, do it.

Check this out....

BC Inflation Hoses Are Not Drysuit Inflation Hoses
You should not use a BC inflation hose for drysuit inflation because the drysuit hose has a special 1.0-mm flow restricting orifice for easy buoyancy control. The flow restricting orifice prevents:

* A rapid over inflation that may cause uncontrolled or unexpected ascent.
* A flow rate that could exceed the drysuit exhaust valve expel capacity.
* A loss of intermediate pressure if the drysuit inflation valve should freeflow.

Per DRE

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom