New Bare Dry Suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fishb0y

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Less then 2 months until I move from the welcoming warmth of Hawaii to the frigid waters of the Pacific Northwest. Of course I sold my old drysuit about 4 months before the Navy informed me that I need to pack up and move to the Seattle area.

Sooo... I heard rumor that bare has a new dry suit that isn't in the on-line catalog. Does anyone have any info on it?

:popcorn:

as a big fan of Bare wetsuits, and a soon-to-be new owner of a HD Trilam suit from Bare(April 30th is the date of production that is set), i would be interested in hearing about this as well.....

Bill

It looks like the Bare website was finally updated yesterday. Bare is now offering their back entry drysuit in the US. Looks like I'll be getting the front entry suit. Anyone have any suggestions on what accessories I should get.

I would definately get suspenders, I like bellows pockets on suits as well. The bare is a nice suit that you are going to love.

Brent

umm I work at a dive shop and several months ago the owner got one of the new drysuits, the front entry trilam...I think theyre caled Gen2? I thought they were already out on the market. The suit is pretty damn nice. Comes stock with two bellow pockets, suspenders, all the little bells and wistles. It has a nice fabric inside so its not like a giant trashbag like my TLS drysuit, you could probably get away with a super warm water dive with no undies. The only option I would add on is a P valve.

OK guys I'm not seeing anything new on the Bare web site, other than Trilam HD Pro.

I am agree about suspenders and at least one pocket.

BARE makes both great wet and dry suits. As options go with suspenders/bellow pockets and cuff rings...I prefer neoprene neck and attached moon boots and no pee valve.

i order'd mine with 2 bellows pockets. the one on the right with a zipper, the one on the left with velcro(i am right handed and this will be easier to open and close with the velcro rather than a zipper) yes, i got the suspenders too. no pee-valve and it is front entry only(i think) on the Trilam HD Tech D/S. looking forward to seeing sometime early next month. i also order'd dry gloves with it as well(ring system).

Bill

I just got my new HD tech suit. It is great! can't wait to give it a real workout. I got suspenders, a bellows pocket for the right leg, and will probably get one for the left as well. The material is very similar to the DUI tls450 and has a rep for being very tough. The NexGen suit is a nice entry level suit, but does have some limitations. It does not have the atr midsection so it can be tricky to don (some have no problems though), and i think it is really a bi-lam material that is not a rugged as the hd tech. However, the price is certainly right, but if you can swing the extra $, i would definately recommend the HD tech if a tri-lam is what you are looking for. I don't know much about the bare crushed neoprene suits, but have heard that they are very good as well. In the past i have also had great experiences with bare in regard to warrantee claims and repairs. A huge plus in my book. Good luck!
_bert

I noticed the neck seal for the pro is a bit more like the DUI suits. Kinda wish that my tech hd had it now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom