A new used dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ron63

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well folks, I'm going to get a chance to try my new used dry suit. Last year I took a dry suit specialty course during a DUI DOG and Demo Rally. Since then I have been reading about neoprene suits and thought to myself that there would be an advantage diving one of these type suits for the type diving I would use it for (Florida springs in the winter time). At the beginning of this month, my son and I attended a DUI rally and this time he got dry suit certified. After this dive I really wanted to try a neoprene suit as I have read there is not nearly as much drag. So I started looking on e-bay. Found a Harvey suit that sounded good. I asked a couple of questions and made my bid. The bottom line is I won the suit for about $100. According to the info from the seller I thought I may have to have the neck seal replaced. Turns out what the seller thought were cracks were just creases! The suit fits a little snug through the waist (I'm no spring chicken anymore) but other than that it fits like it was made for me. When I drop another 10 pounds (I'm losing weight BTW) it will fit great. Can't wait to try it out next Saturday at Blue Grotto in Williston, FL. Since I plan on using it in fresh water I plan on making one dive in my wetsuit, then changing into the dry suit to check the buoyancy and weight check. If my calculations are right I should need about 24 pounds of weight. That's what I used to dive in a two-piece quarter inch wetsuit in Puget Sound many years ago. If all goes well I will have a new favorite for my winter dives and I will be COM FORT ABLE in January. Any particulars I need to know about a neoprene suit before trying it out?

Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom