Where's all the new guys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ben_ca

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Okey I was looking around the Breakwater this weekend and there were about 40-50 student divers it seems... provided some may have been doing AOW or Rescue ect... but say 50 get OW certed every weekend in Monterey(counting Macabee and Lovers) where are all these guys?

Scubaboard is easy to find and then there's also Ba_diving. Chuck how many new guys sign up for Ba_diving every month? Figure that's at least 150 new divers every month?

Where are they?

Here they are: LINK

P2100003_Medium_.JPG

:shakehead Now why would those silly people pick hot and sweaty Coz over beautiful Monterey Bay?

Ben_ca:
:shakehead Now why would those silly people pick hot and sweaty Coz over beautiful Monterey Bay?
You got me!

Here's my lovely on a perfect, flat, sunny, warm day at breakwater playing shore patrol for me. Notice, empty beach. :shakehead

Oh, and the vis was 40' that day.

Attachments

• Breakwater.gif
    Breakwater.gif
    56.4 KB · Views: 91
I'm here! I came down last Sunday but didn't dive because there was a sizeable swell from all that wind. I'll be back to Monterey sometime in May, maybe the third weekend.

Whats there to talk about on the forum?

RoyN:
Whats there to talk about on the forum?

Post dive reports, gear reviews, post pictures, feedback on their classes ect...

Ben_ca:
Post dive reports, gear reviews, post pictures, feedback on their classes ect...

You do most if not all of the dive reports anyway so that takes away duty number one, gear reviews probably goes into the gear forum so that knocks down the conversation, pictures probably go into the gallery unless some can't afford a waterproof digital camera or may have gotten it flooded, and feedback from their classes, some probably don't know if this forum even exist. Also its getting close to the final exam so theres some of us. Also, not really an accurate statistic, but almost close is some people take the open water class is to become vacation divers like once a year vacation to Hawaii where they go underwater, use their inflator to go up and down, don't know how to kick properly, knock into fragile corals in seconds where it took the coral millions of years to form and etc, pretty much a swimming accident waiting to happen. I sound grumpy? Yep after losing a $200 dollar camera where it mysteriously got flooded would probably make me not a happy camper at the moment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom