When is the next Reef Cleanup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JustinW

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anone know of any upcoming dates for Reef Cleanups? I always do my part on regular dives of course, but I was curious as to when the next organized cleanup or fish count is happening.

JustinW:
Does anone know of any upcoming dates for Reef Cleanups? I always do my part on regular dives of course, but I was curious as to when the next organized cleanup or fish count is happening.

Darn!!

Sorry buddy I was suppose to call you back the othere day, man I have been a flake lately!

MY Friend we missed it , the reef clean-up ,Earth day was this last sunday!!

I actually emailed a couple of people (can't remember who right now) and didn't get a response from anyone. I was a bit disappointed as I would have loved to help out. Perhaps someone can organize something less formal?

Chuck Tribolet:
You know, I saw the crane on Wharf II Sunday, and wondered. They didn't do a very
good job of advertising it in the dive community.

You are right chuck they didnt do a good job of letting it be know'n at all, I didnt find out till it was to late and I have been there the last couple years!

Well, wish I came out to clean up, but it landed on my Point Lobos charter trip.

Sounds like we need to setup something with a local dive club to do something here in Northern California.

Thats a good idea. If anyone organizes something let me know.
Aaron:snorkel: :snorkel:

sarita75:
I actually emailed a couple of people (can't remember who right now) and didn't get a response from anyone. I was a bit disappointed as I would have loved to help out. Perhaps someone can organize something less formal?

count me in as well. Im new to the board and have interest in reef and fish count. I missed the classes in santa rosa the other week for reef check, and I was so disapointed. I sure would like to help the inviorment as much as I can while enjoying this wonderful sport.

Hello all, Im Brian. From Glen Elllen Ca. Only cert for 3 years now with @ 150+ dives or so. mostley all here in sonoma and mendo. 5 channel islands trips. some other west coast stuff. and some altitude diving. love spearfishing, I have a small boat, getting into kayak diving, been freediving many years before I took the leep to scuba. Im also looking to make a difference with our inviorment. just thought I would take the oppertunity to intro myself. I also dive with a local group here in sonoma. http://www.northcoastdivers.org/ good people and good times. sea you all out there. Brian McK.

JustinW:
I'm sorry you didn't hear about it. I made a point of photographing the whole day down in Monterrey (topside... I can't dive and shoot at the same time :) ). I was primarily shooting for two dive clubs: Dream Diver (the organizer of the Monterey event) and the Dive Club of Silicon Valley. I was looking for big dive events to photograph/document, and I learned about the Cleanup Dive here: http://www.dcosv.com/events.html

I took about 400 shots that whole morning. A few of them are here: http://flickr.com/photos/thelordofthemanor/sets/72157600109357397/

If anyone knows of any other dive events around the Bay Area that will attract more than dozen divers, let me know and I'll give you free photos. I'm working on a long-term photojournalism project to photograph the topside dive culture. There's a zillion photo books on the surf culture, but none on the SCUBA culture.

Andy Frazer
andyfrazer at gorillasites dot com

Back
Top Bottom