ReAct Pro bugs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AstroDad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I purchased the Genesis ReAct Pro last summer, and while I'm real happy with the unit itself, I'm not a happy camper regarding the software. Aside from being a rather poor excuse for a professional application, it was buggy when I bought it ($150) and it's still buggy (no temp is dl'ed to the PC for dive profiles). I was told last fall this would be fixed after the first of the year (lame). It's way past the first of the year - anyone know when this might get fixed?

I finally after two years of fighting problems with my react pro I went and bought a new computer, the problems I was having was doing the download, everytime I downloaded mine and went to exit the program, I would get a run time error when it went to back up the file. I have been in contact with a rep from one of the repair centers and he told me it was my Home PC not the software or the DC. Yeah Right. I advised him that I had installed the software on 3 different makes of computers and had the very same issue. Still not solved, so if you wanna buy a spare DC.... LOL

Also. until recently I have never had a reason to second guess my computer until I was looking through my logs and noticed a 4 hour dive in 8' of water, yes a 4 hour dive. I was in the pool working with my instructor training students when this happened. everything appeared normal on the display but read funky after the download.

I loved the computer and it has suited my diving well until I had cataract surgery and could no longer see the display without straining my eyes.

Good luck in getting a fix, I have been waiting 2 years

I fixed the connection issue - it's NOT your PC. I cleaned the contacts of both of the computers I bought (one for me, one for the kid) and all connection issues went away. The way the software does not handle this type of error in a graceful manner is part of why I say "rather poor excuse for a professional application".

<sigh>... How about we cut to the chase and you just post the 1,2,3 to this? There is no mention of, and no place to sign up for anything under the "Support" heading.

I'm logged in, and get no files found looking for Genesis Computer Software...

Astrodad, you sign in under "Team Genesis"

I was told the pulled off the old one for a new update , let me find out whats going on.

I wonder if this will fix my problem with the buggy software. I would like to be able to DL mine before I decide to sell it to Jeff.

Back
Top Bottom