NiTek Plus Docking Station Driver Problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

helimvee

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi DiveRite

I just bought the docking station for my NiTek Plus, but cannot get the software installed.

First, the instruction manual says to click the "NiTeklogic folder" on the CD. There is no such folder on the CD. There are 3 zip files. I unzipped the "drivers.zip" and "niteklogic.zip" to a folder on my desktop. The third file "voyager install.zip" I did not unzip.

I installed the software and then plugged in the docking station and got a message that windows is installing the software and it shows "P-2303 OnlyUSB Driver" Then I get the message that the driver has not passed Windows Logo testing. If I continue, I get the "blue screen" error and the PC crashes. If I stop, the PC does not detect the docking station.

I also tried installing the update.exe file that was included in the zip file. That made no difference and I still get the "blue screen" error.

The file dates for the "setup.exe" and "update.exe" are both "03/04/2005"

I am running WinXP with the latest updates on a Dell 8600, 1.8 Pentium M.

I found the following comment on a web forum which leads me to believe that
there is a problem with the driver.

I initially had some problems getting the software to load properly on my
computer, but Geoffrey May with Dive Rite e-mailed me a driver file with the
fix and talked me through loading process. This was in November '06 so by
now they've probably revised their software disc so the "auto load" works
for everybody.

Can you please advise, as if this does not work I will return the unit.

I sent an email to the support email address at DiveRite on Saturday, but haven't rec'd a response.

Thanks

I am happy to report that Geoffrey from Dive Rite responded by PM. He emailed an updated driver that solved the problem.

The program now works fine.

Thanks Geoffrey

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom