What's Up California!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marcosis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey I've got a question for ya!

Anyone dive in Los Cabos? I'm just a Florida boy who don't get out much!
I'm taking my wife to Los Cabos and don't know a damn thing about it!
She's getting certified just for this trip. I was wondering... Is it worth lugging all the dive gear especially since this will be one of her first dives ever!

Only thing I know is at the end of May we'll be staying at the Sheraton in Los Cabos on the Sea of Cortez.
Can anyone suggest a dive op, must do dive or ya better stay away from...

Thanks for any and all info you can give me!

Later... (from Florida) Marc

I like the diving in Cabo, and the area. Cabo Pulma is a great drift dive and Gordo Banks is a great deep blue dive.
Here is a trip report of mine. My Cabo Trip Report

Funny, I'll be diving in Ft Lauderdale end of May, beginning of June.

Dlndavid... Thanks for the reply!

I got your post in S.Florida trips and... I think you are the only one who has dove in Cabo!!
As I said, I'm clueless!!

I can give ya all kinds of info for Ft.Lauderdale and the Keys if you're not already hooked up!!
Shoot me a PM if ya need anything!

Later...Marc

Thanks Marc, I'll be diving with a bunch of local divers and SB members.

Dlndavid's suggestion re Cabo Pulmo is a good one. I dove Land's End and Pelican Rock at Cabo several times and was pleased by the fact the marine life was acclimated to humans, therefore allowing me to approach more closely for better video. However, the number of other humans in and on top of the water was a down side.

I could change the marine life acclimated to humans to them running away from us Professor. :) I even picked up an unfortunate large crab and showed it to every single diver I saw underwater.

I like Cabo. Nearly all the dive-ops are good and I've found the rental equipment is in very good shape...though I always use my own mask, fins, snorkel and regulator. Pelican Rock is a very fun dive ... but so are all the spots in that part of the bay. It is nice there because the boat ride is not too long. The whole family tree is going back there at the end of August.

Please forgive my ignorance!

Is Cabo Pulmo far from Los Cabos?
I understand Los Cabos is actually 2 combined areas.

We'll be staying at the Sheraton in Los Cabos (I have no idea where is where over there!).

I was told that an average taxi ride is $85 American so I'm wondering how far away are these dive sites/ops from this hotel and should I try to rent a car (or mule) rather than use a taxi?

I guess we'll skip the diving in Los Cabos!
There hasn't been very much good feedback in many of these forums!
I guess I'll just go and drink myself retarded!!
Thanks anyway!!
Later...Marc

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom