compressed neo drusits wear out??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stangguy327

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Do the compressed neoprene drysuits wear out like the 7mm suits? I am mainly looking at the bare cd4 right now, but others also.

according to the website the cd4 is made of 4mm compressed-density Metalite neoprene, laminated with Diamond-Tuff nylon.

I guess all that stuff is good but what do you guys think?

I am looking at the same Drysuit, I think its a tip top drysuit. But never dove it, just had the chance to feel it. Its going to be mine hopefully for june :D lets pray, Im buying mine from Divetank, Richard hes a great guy.
Chris

Do the compressed neoprene drysuits wear out like the 7mm suits?

No, the reason most wetsuits "wear out" is because the neoprene, which contains tiny bubbles that provide thermal insulation, becomes compressed over many dives and the bubbles arn't big enough to provide adequate insulation.

Compresed neoprene is already compressed (hence the name) and there for is not intended to provide very much thermal insulation. That's what the fleese liner is for. The reason it's compressed is so that it becomes tougher.

I dive a DUI CF200 compressed neoprene drysuit which is formed by a slightly different process that the one you are looking at, but it is probably the most durable drysuit on the market except for maybe vulcanized rubber.

You will not have to worry about your drysuit "wearing out".

Have fun,
John

The compressed or crushed neoprene suits are really tough suits, no need to worry about wearing them out anytime soon. Heck, you can even hand it over to your grand kids:D When I bought my drysuit, I first considered getting the Bare XCD2, but ultimately went with the Trilam Tech HD.

Back
Top Bottom