What happened to Monterey Bay Dive Center?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dsafanda

Contributor
Reaction score
New ownership? Just an online facelift?

The old web site is down and it is now listed as the "Monterey Bay Dive Company"
Is used to be "Monterey Bay Dive Center" no?

I was under the impression they were also the owners of the The Marin Dive Cener but I notice that all reference to the Monterey Bay location have been removed from the Marin site as well.

Just curious.

I was just at the MBDC a couple of weeks ago, and yes, they have new owners and yes, they changed the name to Monterey Bay Dive Company. I met one of the owners and she said that they took over about four months ago. Her husband is a dive instructor and has been utilizing MBDC for his open water classes for many years and the purchase just kind of fell into their laps and it was something that they could not refuse...I believe that! She seemed very nice and they have done some changes to the shop...looks good, nice and open. She said that they were from up north, but I didn't catch exactly where..

By the way, I noticed you are from San Rafael...I'm currently there on a business trip at Autodesk...I'm heading back to Colorado on Friday. All my family is in Salinas and Monterey.

The shop itself is going through a remodel, at least that was the last time I saw it being remodeled.

About Monterey Bay Dive Company

Serving Monterey for over a decade, Monterey Bay Dive Company is located on Cannery Row, one block from San Carlos Beach....

So with the name change is it still the old MBDC? If it's new how can they say they've been there for a decade....:confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom