monterey this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jon m

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
anyone have any idea if it will be divable (looking for decent vis) trying to get the wife into the cold water, and want it to be good for her first time, already tried once, but it was blown out. called monterey dive centers report and it hasn't been updated since last friday... any thoughts?
thanks!

haven't looked at the forecast, but the swells have been pretty rough the past couple days. I haven't been in the water, but it doesn't look like vis is all that great right now either. Talked to people who dove Hopkins deep yesterday and they said vis opened up around 70 ft.

yangnome:
haven't looked at the forecast, but the swells have been pretty rough the past couple days. I haven't been in the water, but it doesn't look like vis is all that great right now either. Talked to people who dove Hopkins deep yesterday and they said vis opened up around 70 ft.

Not to hijack his thread, but that is bad news :(

My daughter and I was heading down tomorrow for some diving off the beach on Satruday. Wasn't planning on doing anything deep - just equipment and skill checks on first dive with the 2nd dive exploring and enjoyment :)

Will be hard to do the 2nd goal if the vis sucks...

Side note - weather forcast looked like it was going to be in the 60's and clear.

Looks like it might flatten out a bit by Saturday.

http://www.garlic.com/~triblet/swell/wamglance.html

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mtr/getcwfzone.php?sid=MTR&zone=PZ555
PZZ555-575-262300-
/O.CON.KMTR.GL.W.0008.000000T0000Z-070427T0400Z/
PIGEON POINT TO POINT PIEDRAS BLANCAS TO 20 NM-
PIGEON POINT TO POINT PIEDRAS BLANCAS 20 TO 60 NM OFFSHORE-
857 AM PDT THU APR 26 2007

...GALE WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH THIS EVENING...

.TODAY...NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT WITH FREQUENT GALE FORCE GUSTS TO
40 KT MAINLY SOUTH OF POINT SUR. WIND WAVES 5 TO 10 FT.
W SWELL 9 TO 11 FT AT 15 SECONDS AND SW 2 FT AT 13 SECONDS.
.TONIGHT...NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT...BECOMING 20 TO 30 KT.
WIND WAVES 4 TO 8 FT. W SWELL 9 TO 11 FT AT 13 SECONDS AND
SW 2 FT AT 13 SECONDS.
.FRI...NW WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 3 TO 6 FT.
W SWELL 9 TO 11 FT AT 12 SECONDS.
.FRI NIGHT...NW WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 3 TO 5 FT.
W SWELL 8 TO 10 FT.
.SAT...NW WINDS 10 TO 20 KT. WIND WAVES 2 TO 4 FT.
NW SWELL 8 TO 10 FT.
.SUN...NW WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 2 TO 5 FT.
NW SWELL 8 TO 10 FT.
.MON...NW WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 2 TO 6 FT.
NW SWELL 7 TO 9 FT.

I expect it to be a bit stirred up, but I intend to do a little macro photography on the breakwater tomorrow morning. Conditions are supposed to improve through the weekend, I'll try to remember to post conditions tomorrow afternoon.

Take care,
john

Nope, math test next week. Then on May 5th, just going on Beach hopper 2 to test new mask, fin, and head lamp and got the final exam on May 14th so going to the Reef Check is pretty much out of the question. And now the testing phase begans...

talked to friends that were out at Breakwater today. Waves were really high and vis, even out at the barge, was about 3 feet.

yangnome:
talked to friends that were out at Breakwater today. Waves were really high and vis, even out at the barge, was about 3 feet.

I didn't see this post or hear that bad news.

As I will be there all weekend and the conditions WILL be Great!!!:shakehead

Back
Top Bottom