Semidry choices

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bluedestiny

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am narrowing down to a semidry suit and am now debating between the 7/5mm Henderson GoldCore semidry or the 6.5mm Scubapro Nova Scotia semidry. Any opinions out there on these two suits. I have dove the regular goldcore wetsuits and found them very nice.

Henderson's are nice, but there have been reports of quality problems like the one mentioned.

I would look at Xcel wetsuits. The best you can get for cold waters, unless you want custom. (And frankly I like their design better than most custom suits I've seen)

I dive a Pinnacle Polar semi-dry. Keeps me toasty warm! Great workmanship and has a merino lining on top of the titanium. It makes don/doff easy and keeps out the odour.

The Polar is a 7/5mm suit, there's one called the Extreme and it's 8/6mm.

I like my Xcel 8/7/6/5 Quad polar semi-dry. Don't use it in the winter in San Diego (I dive dry) but it's great in the summer when the water warms a little.

Grey_Wulff

I really like the smooth interior of the Goldcore, really wish Harvey's still made the 7/5mm Kobalt jumpsuit but its discontinued. Does anyone have any experience with the ScubaPro Nova Scotia? I know it's a newer suit, but haven't read any reviews on it.

Semi dry?

Anything by DUI.

I know 2 people who have the Henderson & both have had problems with parts of the suit coming apart. They're very warm but don't seem to be holding up well over time, both guys had problems in less than 2 winters worth of dives.

Im familiar with numerous similar issues with the Gold Core, so I cant say that I would recommend it.....I know these arent the suits in your OP, but like others said...I would highly recommend the Pinnacle Polar....

The waterproof suits I will get to see first hand on Sunday and dive so I can let you know about those then, but they look like a power ranger suit....but have some creative attributes, lets just see if they work or are detrimental to the suit

:wink:GoodluckHave you tried these suits your looking for on? How did you come to pick between those two?

Back
Top Bottom