Spring Straps - What size to get?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ElectricZombie

Contributor
Reaction score
I've tried making springs straps in the past, and have screwed them up. So, I'm just going to buy some. I was wondering what size I should order, they come in 10, 11 and 12 inch lengths I believe.

I wear a size 10 bootie, an X-Large Jet Fin and a size 12 regular shoe.

What size spring strap should I order?

Do the Halcyon ones still come with the molded rubber heel part?

Thanks

ElectricZombie once bubbled...
I've tried making springs straps in the past, and have screwed them up. So, I'm just going to buy some. I was wondering what size I should order, they come in 10, 11 and 12 inch lengths I believe.

Thanks

Take a look at these http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16054&item=1979754482

I've got a set of turtle fins with a size 11 shoe. I bought the cheap springs from fifthd.com (not Halcyon)in a large size (I think that Large is 12 inches:crazyeyes) and they fit great.

ElectricZombie once bubbled...

Thanks

You'll need XL if you go with Halcyon brand. Not sure about inch measurement. No rubber thing on heel.

Tom

Thanks WreckWriter.

I probably will not get the Halcyon one then. I'll just go with the 5th Dimension ones.

Thanks.

I always get the 12" once....I have some on jets and some on turtles. I didn't know which size to get either, so I cheated and looked at the fifthd site where they have that list of the 10 most popular items...I bought the spring straps that were at the top of the list :)

I think I'll give 5thD a call tomorrow and see what they recommend too.

EZ if you haven't yet ordered here is what I recommend to my customers (as a Halcyon dealer). Since you already have the fins, put them on with the booties you'll be wearing and use a flexable ruler or string to measure around the heal from buckle to buckle. You want the spring to be a little smaller but not too small as it will be uncomfortable.

Hope this helps.
Josh

I ordered the spring straps earlier today (along with a 27lbs Pioneer Setup) and based on the info I provided to the guy at 5thD, he recommended the medium size. (11 inches I believe)

Richeod: I tried your method, and the measurement comes out to just a bit over 11 inches. So, I think that the size I ordered will be fine. If not, they said I could return them if they had not been in salt water.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom