Peet Boot Dryer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fish_Whisperer

Contributor
Reaction score
In a car underwater with time to kill....
# of dives
50 - 99
My booties are the Harvey's hard-sole booties, and they take forever to dry. In fact, a week later, I can put my hands down inside of them, and they are still damp in the toes. I bought a Peet shoe dryer through Guide Gear, and I took it to Cozumel with me. (By the end of a week, diving everyday, with the booties not being allowed to dry, they get pretty funky....) No more. As soon as I came in from diving, I put my booties on the dryer, plugged it in, and left them there overnight. The next morning, they were perfectly dry and odor-free. :thumb: The shoe dryer can be disassembled, making it easy to pack and store.

That's what I use to dry my boots. I made an adaptor to dry my gloves too.

I have something quite similar, but on mine, the arms are hinged so they will fold flat for storage or transport. I used it constantly when we were Cozumel, to dry my socks and my Chuck Taylors.

Fish_Whisperer:
Cool! Glad to know that I'm not the only one. :) :thumb: Post up a photo of your glove adapter, if/when you can, please.
I'll do that. I'll be busy for a little while but I should be able to post a pic this weekend.

I use my Peet's dryer on my heavy-duty neoprene boots. The boot makers all say don't use heat to dry, but Peet's says it doesn't get hot enough to damage (regular) boots. I don't leave it on forever, just overnight. I'll often unplug it while they're still damp and let them finish drying with no heat. I've also used it for my gloves, but no adapter, just crammed them on there. It works, and it doesn't seem to have damaged my stuff yet. Never took it traveling with me.

Nope. It won't damage anything. It doesn't get hot enough to bake your boots. It's just enough to thoroughly dry them out. In fact, even after a week of diving in Cozumel, my booties never had the slightest odor to them. On past trips, after about two days of not being allowed to dry, they started getting really funky. *shudder*

Fish_Whisperer:
Cool! Glad to know that I'm not the only one. :) :thumb: Post up a photo of your glove adapter, if/when you can, please.
I need to learn how to post pictures on this board. In the meantime, you can view a pic by going to my photo gallery.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom