I'll Be Home For Christmas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm heading home to Toronto for Christmas to see friends and family and get a dose of winter to remind us what it's like. It's been a couple of years since we've been back - for some reason everyone always wants to come see us in Florida in the winter - go figure. :)

I've only been diving since I've been down here in Florida, and never had a reason to pay attention to any dive shops in the Toronto area. I want to do some browsing to see if there's any deals to be had, especially with my converted US dollars. I seem to recall one on Hwy 2 at Brock St in Whitby, but that's about it. I have family all over the city, so anything from Mississauga to Whitby, and up to Newmarket/Aurora I'll be near at some point over the holidays.

Thanks

Marc :jester:

If you are going to be in the Richmond Hill area, check out Scuba 2000 located in the Hwy 7/Leslie area. Check their website - Scuba2000.com

Welcome home - the water's a balmy 35 - 40 F!

I believe the shop you're referring to in Whitby is Dive Source, they are still there (see divesource.com), Scuba2000's site is scuba2000.com.
Also, in Newmarket there's Colt Creek (see coltcreekdiving.com)

I'm sure with the CAN-US exchange you'll likely be able to afford part ownership in the store of your choice. :slick:

Hard to go wrong with the breath of experience & selection that Mark and his team have to offer http://www.tamdive.com/. I have had nothing but good advice & good gear.

Certainly Brian and Karl at Dive Source will take good care of you if your out in the hinterlands of Whitby as noted above. You might want to email your wish list in advance and let them keep their eyes open for what you're looking for ...

Don't forget to give Roman a call at his Pickering or Oshawa locale. http://www.innerspacediverssupply.com/ His depth of experience is hard to match.

Great choices all...

FLL Diver, are you planning on doing any diving while you are up here during Christmas. My LDS is planning a New Years day dive, bring your wetsuite along and come for a dive.

ScubaQ once bubbled...
FLL Diver, are you planning on doing any diving while you are up here during Christmas. My LDS is planning a New Years day dive, bring your wetsuite along and come for a dive.

Thanks for the invite, but no. My coldest water temp yet was 2 weeks ago at 76°F (24.4°C). I was quite comfortable in my 3mm, but somehow I don't think it'll give me quite the exposure protection I need up there. :D

Where is the dive at?

Marc :jester:

We will be diving at Humber Bay, trying to remember the name of the park that we use. Afterwards we are heading back to my place for the third annual Soup Slurp. We are expecting about 30 too 40 people to crowd into our apartment, the wife and I will be spending the day before cooking two very big pots of home made soup. You are more than welcome to come a long, even if you don't get wet. If you want more details please see the Scuba2000 web site for more information or I can post it here if you like. It is always a blast, we could get you a 7mm farmer john wetsuit:D

Back
Top Bottom