Finding suits for larger people

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kingpatzer

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My wife and I are getting started in this sport, but we have to confess to not being the most in-shape people on the planet.

We're finding that the women's suits just don't come big enough for her. The largest we've seen is around a size 16. She needs something in the size 20-22 range.

Who out there makes suits that fit over-weight women well?

Get her a custom one made. I love mine and would not trade it for any over priced off-the-rack suit.
Where are you located?

Dave
DDHF

I second the advice from Wayward. Give Carolyn @ Liquid Fit a call. ..800-785-8362 She does a wonderful job helping you find a suit that is just right for you and your wife. The prices are not that expensive.
SWT

Teamcasa I'm in Minnesota, USA

If you don't want to spend the $ on custom suits, I would highly recommend the Henderson Hyperstretch. Very nice suits, and it fits my "not so thin" body. By the way... I wore they hyperstretch when I was as big as a 26/28. Now I'm a 20, and still choose the Hyperstretch!

The Liquid Fit superstretch custom suit sells for just about the price of what the Henderson off the rack suit sells. You're able to chose the colors and options that you want. Actually youre saving money, as you have someone who will do any repairs and they offer one free alteration if you should lose any weight. You would have to call for an exact quote, but my 3.5mm superstretch suit actually cost less than what my LDS was selling the Henderson.
SWT

That's what I bought for my daughter. She's tall & skinny, no & I mean NO companies off the rack suit come close to fitting her. A liquidfit superstretch in 3.5 mm with a core warmer to match, total cost about what most shops get for just a Hyperstretch fullsuit. Seams are stitched & glued, very nice suit.

saltwater taffy:
I second the advice from Wayward. Give Carolyn @ Liquid Fit a call. ..800-785-8362 She does a wonderful job helping you find a suit that is just right for you and your wife. The prices are not that expensive.
SWT

I'll third that....Carolyn should be able to help, very nice lady & very accomodating....plus be sure & tell her you got her place via SB, think it help's on your price......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom