Henderson/NeoSport - Differences?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Harmon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm a newbie and just learning about scuba gear (reading lots of ads, etc.). I know that Henderson is supposed to make a premier wetsuit. A little over a month ago when my wife and I were getting ready to head to Puerto Rico for our O/W referral dives, our LDS recommended NeoSport 3mm shorties.

I just stumbled onto the information that NeoSport suits are made by Henderson, so I am a little curious. What are the differences? I realize that they may not be as well made as the Henderson brand suits, but they fit very nicely, and the price was certainly right.

Is this a case of a big company selling a "pro" line and a "beginner" line? Just curious.

Mike

The NeoSport suits are regular neoprene without any of the extras, like GoldCore or Hyperstretch. It's simply Henderson's basic line of suits.

The neosports are a lower grade of neoprene. Henderson makes a couple of different neoprenes: Hyperstretch, Gold Core, and Premium Neoprene. The premium neoprene is the lowest grade neoprene that Henderson makes for their branded suits. The Neosports are a grade lower than that, so they are just a little bit stiffer. The rest of the suit is very similiar. Same sticthing and glueing as on the Henderson suits.

I have worn both the neosport and the hyperstretch. Putting on the neosport, I struggle, have hot flashes, grumble under my breath, am uncomfortable, getting into it makes my question diving altogether.

My hyperstretch suit is like putting on a pair of sweat pants. It stretches 250% in any direction, fits like it was custom made for me, is a dream to get on and off.

The neo sport will last longer than a hyperstretch. I selected comfort and user friendlyness over long lasting.

My wife and I both have Henderson goldcores (which I love). She also has a NeoSport, which she likes even *better*. To be fair, her Goldcore is 5mm, and the Neo is 3mm, so it will be less stiff. However, it does the trick, keeps her warm, and she looks *great* in it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom