A note from abroad

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bacchus

Reaction score
Checking in from Rangiroa, where we just finished a dive with 8 very playful dolphins. What a trip it's been! Sharks, sharks and more sharks, mantas, turtles, eels you name it!

Hey Jim, thanks for sending all of the emails to everyone before we arrive. All of the divemasters and dive companies have been great. A big hello to you, Scott and Robin from Patrice, Gilles, Wendy, Medi, and of course Franck.

Time to go buy my lovely wife a pearl and myself another Hinano. Best to all. Trip report when we return in another week.

Steve

Great to hear from you !!!! I'm sure you're having a great time and cant wait to talk when you get back!!! We wish we were there ... its 12 degrees here right now :bonk:

I think you're heading for Manihi soon......Give them all a big Hello from us and If you see Loic Tell him we hope he's feeling better...seemed to have had a run in with a Trigger fish..(Thierry emailed us a week ago and informed us that .... Trigger 1 , Loic 0 ... :eek: )

Uh Oh .... Its Pearl time ...... I'm sure Allison will find a beauty ….or two or three :D !!!

Now .... Its great to hear from you ....but ......You shouldn’t be playing on the boards!!!!! Get back to the R & R of the South Pacific !!! Cant wait to hear the details...... and see the pictures!!!

Talk with you soon!!!!

Scott

Oh yea..... Have a Hinano for Jim and myself !!!!!!

Now that's what I can devotion - posting from FP!!!! Glad to hear you are having a great time! Of course I expected nothing less than that.....your dives sound great so far! Anxiously awaiting some pictures!

Enjoy Manihi - and yes, Allison must get some pearls from the shop there - while they are expensive - in comparision to the rest of FP - they are actually quite reasonable! Say hi to Thierry and Loic.....and give them a hug from me, okay? :)

:wavey: Robin

I could have sworn I sold you a ticket to Baffin Island!

Hope you're having a great time, and here's something to whet YOUR appetite and to remind everyone else of what it WAS all about!

Finesse once bubbled...
Great to hear from you !!!! I'm sure you're having a great time and cant wait to talk when you get back!!! We wish we were there ... its 12 degrees here right now :bonk:

Just got back to Denver where I almost froze at the airport. Didn't have anything warm to put on!!

I think you're heading for Manihi soon......Give them all a big Hello from us and If you see Loic Tell him we hope he's feeling better...seemed to have had a run in with a Trigger fish..(Thierry emailed us a week ago and informed us that .... Trigger 1 , Loic 0 ... :eek: )

Actually Loic went back to France, but, Thierry says to send his regards. What a great guy he is. And a real pleasure to dive with. We actually found two new rays while we were there. Of course one will be called Bacchus, to go on the wall next to Finesse and Buzz l'eclaire.

Uh Oh .... Its Pearl time ...... I'm sure Allison will find a beauty ….or two or three :D !!!

3 was the number. Earrings and a pendant. After the cost of everything else there it really didn't hurt that bad (yeah,right!)

Now .... Its great to hear from you ....but ......You shouldn’t be playing on the boards!!!!! Get back to the R & R of the South Pacific !!! Cant wait to hear the details...... and see the pictures!!!

Got some amazing shots. All the normal stuff, sharks (gray, black, white and silver tip, and nurse and lemons) mantas, eagle rays, eels and the rest). I've got to get to work and put together a trip report. Prbably in the next few days. I did get the picture you wanted at Blue Nui in Manihi. I'll email it to you soon.

Oh yea..... Have a Hinano for Jim and myself !!!!!!

Well taken care of on that part.

Talk soon,

Steve

Well ..... I'm sure you feel differently about that......

None the less .... glad you're home safe and had a great time !!!!

Cant wait to hear all about it !!!!!

Rest up .... I'm sure in the next few days we will be doing lots of "chatting" :wink:

Talk to you soon
Scott

I did get the picture you wanted at Blue Nui in Manihi. I'll email it to you soon.

Thank you Sir.....I'll PM you our email add.......

Glad you are back safely....

Here is a message I recieved from Rafael in Moorea:

Hello Jim
Thank's a lot for the diver steve and Allison Miles
They was a very nice person
We had a good underwater fun
I hope you'll pass a great time and good fun for the end of this year
Best regards
Rafael

Ah, I love the English!!!! (I meant the writing - of course I love the English people! Well, some of them!)

Looking forward to your trip report and the pickies!

Bye for now!

Regards
Jim

Glad you and Allison are back safe and sound! And of course, anxiously awaiting hearing all about your trip! Where are the pictures????? :)

-Robin

First Mate once bubbled...
Glad you and Allison are back safe and sound! And of course, anxiously awaiting hearing all about your trip! Where are the pictures????? :)

-Robin

As you can imagine, I've returned to 100's of emails, voicemails, real mails, and fires to put out in the office! The trip report will probably have to wait until this weekend.

Until then...here's a few pics.

Manihi - Gliding manta

Manihi - "Bacchus"

Manihi - Quasimoto from below

Sleeping Nurse shark

Head-on Collisson

Silver tip overhead

Bora Bora - Lionfish

More to come later!

Steve

that sounds familiar......a reality check with mail, email, voicemail.....Stop the insanity!!!! :rolleyes: Great pictures - and I will behave and be patient to get a trip report from you this weekend!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom