Dry Suit-Crotch squeeze

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mordax

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I'm a new drysuit diver, and have been experiencing a painful squeeze in my, uh, crotch. Are then any other guys out there who have had this problem? I generally find briefs very uncomfortable, but is that what most guys wear when diving dry? The problem is most serious at the surface, usually at the end of the dive, when I'm doing normal fin kicks. Because of the slight angle I'm swimming at I am unable to get air down to my waist. Any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated.

What kind of undergarments are you wearing? I've used both basic sweatpants and my pinnacle (both over underarmour tops and bottoms) and have not experienced this problem.

I have had this problem too. Mostly it happens at the safety stop when I am wearing jeans under my suit. I solve this problem by doing my safety stop by alternating between a head down position to releave the squeeze and a head up position.

I have experienced this in some suits andnot others, so it could be the type of suit you are wearing. If you remain horizontal for your safety stop, which is the proper way to do one ( Sorry, I'll get off my techie high horse now), it should minimize this effect.

I experienced this once or twice, what I do to prevent it is: when getting suited up, I pull up the suspenders and do a sumo move. You know at the beginning of the sumo rounds (at least according to the cartoons at least) where they spread their legs really far and then squat down. The helps make sure that my legs are not constricted and I have a better range of motion for kicking and also makes sure that I am....situated in my suit.
HTH

I wear a speedo under everything.
Keeps everything in the right place.

With that Depends diaper you don't feel a thing except warm. :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom