Monterey Conditions for this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sarita75

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone heard anything? Can't go ab diving afterall (too wild up north) so I am thinking of a Sat. dive perhaps. Anyone know anything? Anyone going to be down there? I know Roy's jumping off a boat on Sat with new mask, etc.

Looks from the forecast that it could be a pretty good NW wind blowing Friday night through Saturday.

.FRI...NW WINDS INCREASING TO 20 TO 30 KT. WIND WAVES 4 TO 6 FT.
W SWELL 9 TO 11 FT AT 13 SECONDS. SLIGHT CHANCE OF SHOWERS IN THE
MORNING.
.FRI NIGHT...NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. WIND WAVES 4 TO 6 FT. W SWELL
8 TO 10 FT.
.SAT...NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. WIND WAVES 4 TO 6 FT. W SWELL 7 TO
8 FT.
.SUN...N WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 3 TO 5 FT. W SWELL 7 TO 8 FT.
.MON...NW WINDS 15 TO 25 KT. WIND WAVES 3 TO 5 FT. W SWELL 6 TO 8 FT.

Reports from different models seemed to be conflicting though. We'll see what happens as the weekend gets closer. Looking off the back deck today, vis looks snotty.

Don't forget a new camera too Sarita. :wink:

Ah, looks like I am not going to be making it down there afterall. We have some catching up events to do this weekend as my husband was out of town and a lot of friends got engaged, etc. etc. etc. while he was gone. Perhaps 2 weeks from now. :(

Well 2 weeks from now its SUPER diving spree for me because....SCHOOL IS OUT!! ::D:D:D:D

And then I can finally meet Ben and make his hair gray! :D:D:D:D And then go see Ericson and go diving with Yangnome in Pt. Lobos is time is available too, And maybe go diving with Sarita and friends. But then time will tell.

P.S. This is only a silly planning as you can see I'm getting hyper, breaking down, I'll be quiet now. :)

It's pretty choppy right now, I did 3 dives at the BW this afternoon, and vis deteriated from ~10ft this morning to about 4ft by 1700.

Still lots of nudi's about. Here's my shot of the day, taken with my new 105mm VR w/ 4T diopter.

Take care,
John

Attachments

• DSC_0021 web.jpg
    DSC_0021 web.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 43
I was at the Breakwater this morning and the vis was less than 10 ft. worsening by noon when the swell came up a little.

Here's the part where I get down on my knees. If any of you Monterey natives find yourself passing the Lone Oak Lodge, would you please drive into the parking lot, find the dive rinse area (near the end on the left), and look in the middle rinse tank for my two sets of soft weights (two black, two red) that I stupidly left soaking on the bottom of the tank. If they're there could you take them to the office where the guy will know they're mine and to hold them for me. Thanks. (shaking head as such stupidity)

Back
Top Bottom