Cave instructor and Cave site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andibk

Contributor
Reaction score
List,
I am considering going to Florida and do everything through Full cave. Could anybody give me any recommendations on a good cave instructor (has lots of experience and active) and a good cave system.

Bruce

Lost of discussion on courses and instructors in this forum -- just look.

Roak

Bill Rennaker is one of the better known instructors in the cave community. He has all but written the book on sidemount cave diving. He owns & operates a store in Live Oak,Fl. He is just about 3 miles from Peacock Spings State Park. Check out his site. The name of his business is Cave Excursions. Here's the link.

www.sidemount.com

What kind of course are you hoping to take?
If you are DIR, then Cave 1 is taught very frequently in High Springs.
If you are not hardcore DIR, I would recommend Fred Berg. He's a great guy and a fabulous instructor. He trained my favorite cave diving buddy.
There are a lot of good instructors and some that aren't as good as others.
Feel free to P.M. me about your choices. I live in cave country and have dove with several of the instructors.
Cheers

You know it's strange, the guidlines and techniques for safe cave diving have been set for a long time now. To be a cave instructor with any agency (I don't want to make any references here....) is a rigerous process, so why do opinions on cave classes and instructors vary so much? They all should be teaching the same techniques and drills the same way, and most teach in the same cave systems!!! Unlike being an open water instructor being a cave instructor is a long detailed process.... WHY don't all offer the same things??

I believe a lot of it has to do with your personal focus when you enter the class. If you are focused on being a good caver and not on equipment worn and distance traveled then every full cave instructor will give you a good class....

Bottom line- The quality of diver you become has to do with YOUR efforts not the instructors!

Now open water is another story!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom