Wetsuit fit question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AquaTommy

Reaction score
# of dives
Heya folks! I gotta question regarding the fitting of a wetsuit. Hopefully within the next week or so my bonus will show up and i can buy the equipment i need for my class the package im looking at is mask, Aqua Lung Impulse2 Flex or Dry Snorkel, Oceani V12 "Split" fins, Deep See 5mm Seeboots, and marking pain and defog drops...all for like 299 i think. Anywho. I plan on gettnig a wetsuit at the same time, question is what am i suppose to wear underneath while at the shop? Lol. Goofy question i think but if i am wearing boxers and a tshirt or sumthin then when im diving the fit would be wrong. Right? considering the fact im pretty sure i am not gonna be wearing anything of real thickness under when i start diving. Probably just a dive skin or sumthin. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I am looking for the proper fit the first time. so i dont freeze to death in chilly waters of monterey :D

Some dive shop have a changing room where you can "privately" put on the wetsuit.

If the wetsuit fits you with just boxers and a tshirt then it should be fine for diving.

Personally, I say GO DRY.... But on the other hand... If you must dive WET (yes... its a dirty word) you want a suit that is snug fitting to reduce the flow of water....It should not be overly tight around the neck to prevent bloodflow...

Boxers and a Tshirt should be ok.. I would 86 the shirt tho... Just my .02 cents worth...

Just wear a pair of boxer shoers and skip the shirt. Also - skip the dry snorkel.

What brand of wetsuit are you thinking about getting?

AquaTommy:
Heya folks! I gotta question regarding the fitting of a wetsuit. Hopefully within the next week or so my bonus will show up and i can buy the equipment i need for my class the package im looking at is mask, Aqua Lung Impulse2 Flex or Dry Snorkel, Oceani V12 "Split" fins, Deep See 5mm Seeboots, and marking pain and defog drops...all for like 299 i think. Anywho. I plan on gettnig a wetsuit at the same time, question is what am i suppose to wear underneath while at the shop? Lol. Goofy question i think but if i am wearing boxers and a tshirt or sumthin then when im diving the fit would be wrong. Right? considering the fact im pretty sure i am not gonna be wearing anything of real thickness under when i start diving. Probably just a dive skin or sumthin. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I am looking for the proper fit the first time. so i dont freeze to death in chilly waters of monterey :D

You might want to try some stuff out before making purchases. You will very likely develop different preferences and opinions of different types of gear you'll want/need as you dive. For instance, some peopel like plit fins, others hate them. some peopel lie jacket BCs, others prefer back inflate, or backplate and wings. No preference is inherently right or wrong, it depends on how you will be diving. If possible, I'd suggest you rent or borrow gear initially (and try different things) before you buy stuff only to replace it a few dives later.

The same can be said abotu wetsuits. You may decide tat you prefer to dive dry, or you may decide that the style wetsuit you bought isn't what you want. First, take the class in a rental suit. If possible, try out a few different suits. If you are ok with wearing a wetsuit, then find out what you want to purchase.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom