Dumping of building waste in Masbat, Dahab

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

watch_the_bubbles

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
This morning, 4th May 2007, at around 3-4am, I saw something dodgy....

In the Masbat beach area, near Aladin restaurant, where there is a small access to the beach, I saw a few construction workers. They were busily emptying building waste, what looked like cement, straight into the sea. A hosepipe was run across the promenade from the new building, and the waste was made soggy. It was then taken in small paint buckets down to the water and dumped.
Whilst coming down from lighthouse direction, I saw a small lorry/truck racing down towards this area, presumably full of the building waste, which was then emptied onto the beach area next to Aladin restaurant.
I am sure this is QUITE bad for the sea, and probably against building/ethical/moral rules.

But who cares about Dahab's future. Lets make money today and not worry about the future. No bother that this action is probably causing unbelievable amounts of damage to the coral/ fish/ water, where many many people swim and scuba dive!

It would be quite interesting to hear from someone who may know what can be done about this, if anything, or are we all just to be silent witnesses to the crap that goes on, destroying the very habitat that is the foundation for Dahab's existence???:light:

Have done already, was just posting here so that the rest of the scuba community are aware of what happens in this "idylic little mountain town, so called paradise..."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom