Any one ever shop here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NorthWoodsDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well as you know I am in the market for a couple MK17's and an S600 and I am more than happy to drive 80 miles to get them if I have to but I would rather order online. Since those are scubapro items I can't buy online and still get the scubapro warranty w/free parts replacement right? I found this site who claims to be an approved scubapro dealer (they have not returned my message about this though) so do you think I can still get the full scubapro coverage plan. Here is the first site:

http://www.scubastore.com/searcher.asp?accio_busca=advanced&marca=SCUBAPRO&id_familia=11&precio=asc&modelo=asc&paraula=advanced_search

Then I found this ebay auction that clearly shows the mk17 in a pic with the scubapro warranty papers and card but does that mean I am able to use that warranty. (he has not answered my emails either) here is the link for that page:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=014&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=330115224301&rd=1&rd=1

I am concerned about not getting coverage and free parts/servicing if I get these regs online. I have done lotsw of business with the LDS that I would go though to get these regs but they are almost 30% more expensive. When I bring my regs in for service next year I dont want to run into issues over this. Please help. Thanks

i guess it would depend on how much your able to score them for. i mean, the guy has 100% feedback, so i doubt he is B.S.ing you about the regs. if you could save a boat load by winning them cheap that would offset the cost of any parts needing replacing during a service. that is of course you could not get the "free parts/servicing" just my 2psi worth. good luck.....

Bill

Scubastore aka DiveInn will not ship ScubaPro goods to the United States. This policy is in the fine print on their site.

maybe from their web-site they wont, but from their Ebay store is says this:

" Seller's payment instructions

Thanks in advance for your purchase! Insurance is included in shipping cost. I will ship anywhere in the world, please contact me for a shipping quote. I ship all my items priority so as long as you are in the US, you will have it fast! I will ship and leave positive feedback as soon as payment is made. Please leave positive feedback for me when you receive your item. Thanks again"

You could always talk to your lds. There was one near me that had a mk17, s555 for about $450 with a octo and console.

They may be able to throw in some other crap that you would need like an spg to help bring the price down while still working with scubapro's moronic price locking policies.

I will be going through my LDS because I want the warranty and I like to give business to this one perticular LDS. The owner was my instructor and has given me discounts beyond what I could save from online stores. I am torn on what to do next though. I own all yoke valves on my tanks but by next summer I hope to have 4 new steel tanks with DIN valves or those yoke/DIN valves cause I want to switch to DIN all together. the pony I just got is a yoke/DIN so I guess I will probably get a DIN mk17/s600 for it but since I need a mk17 for ice diving (my primary first stage) this year I dont know if I should go yoke since I have yoke valves or if I should buy DIN reg and replace my valves. please advise

NorthWoodsDiver:
I dont know if I should go yoke since I have yoke valves or if I should buy DIN reg and replace my valves. please advise

You could always replace the valves on your current tanks, or get yoke adapters. It's really not wise to go the other way.

If you have any doubt or question at all simply contact Scubapro. Their customer service reps will be more than happy to tell you the scoop from their perspective. Their number is (800) 467-2822.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom