DIN to Yoke

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NorthWoodsDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Will a "300 Bar DIN" thread into one of those Thermo "200 Bar DIN"/Yoke tank valves and still work right? I picked up a 19 CUFT pony with one of the convertable thermo valves and I am considering going DIN with all my regs but scubapro only makes "300 Bar DIN" or yoke style regs. I am gonna get 2 mk17 first stages. Thanks

NorthWoodsDiver:
Will a "300 Bar DIN" thread into one of those Thermo "200 Bar DIN"/Yoke tank valves and still work right?
Yes, a 'male' 300 bar DIN reg will work with the 'female' 200 bar Thermo DIN/yoke valve. Looks a bit odd, as it seems to stick out of the valve farther (or, doesn't penetrate as far). But, it works fine.

300 bar reg will always go into a 200 bar valve, but a 200 bar reg will not work in a 300 bar valve.

As others have said, what they call "300 bar DIN" is what we call "DIN". Its the same thing. It means it will work on UP TO 300 bar and all below. IIRC its 2 threads exposed when connecting to a 232 bar supply (all threads in on a 300).

Northwoods,

As the others have stated, yes, the 300 bar male DIN regulator will function quite nicely in the 200 bar female valve fitting. The male threaded part of the regulator fitting is long enough to seat the o-ring against the seat of the valve.

In the case of the 200 male reg fitting into the 300 female fitting, the female fitting (tank valve) is too deep for the 200 bar male fitting to seat the o-ring against the seat.

The 300 reg to 200 valve works quite nicely.

the K

I'm not seeing where this has anything to do with a DIN to Yoke question...

Well, let's see!

The Thermo valves come with an insert in the valve which effectively makes the valve a yoke style valve. If that insert is removed, the the valve becomes a 200 bar DIN style valve.

So, that establishes the "yoke" aspect of the thread title.

Now, from the question put forth by the author, he wants to know if a 300 bar DIN valve will effectively work in the newly created 200 bar DIN valve fitting.

That establishes the "DIN" aspect.

Regardless of what the author named the thread, I think the resulting posts reflect correct answers to the author's question as put forth in the opening sentence of his post.

the K

SparticleBrane:
I'm not seeing where this has anything to do with a DIN to Yoke question...

I think the OP is simply asking if a 300 Bar reg fitting will work with a 200 bar valve. The answer is yes. I have a 300 bar 1st stage and it works with my 200 bar valves which do have removable threaded "plug" inserts that allow use of yoke 1st stage.

oops.
what Kraken said.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom