Trinity Lake? Ruth Lake? Anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Both are an easy dive with good beach access. I like Trinity due to more spots to access from the shore. Where are you located?

As with most lakes there is not alot to see. You may have more fun diving one of the Humboldt Lagoons or Crescent City on a really good day. Also, the south jetty and Triniodad have there good points.

I have never dove either of those lakes, but i did just return from a weekend of diving whiskeytown lake. Good vis, but not much to see but some bass and a mud bottom. actually, thats not all true. we dove the thermal curtain which was somewhat interesting and saw the sunken boat. Its no pacific ocean tho.

Hey remember that those lakes are at somewhat of elevation. Dont forget to get your SLED sea level equivalent depth while dive planning.

Kevin

Isn't there also a town underwater at Whiskeytown? The dive shop in Redding could be of assistance.

Sorry for the delay in responding to you guys..work gets in the way some time. I'm planning on doing Whiskeytown (drove by it today, from the surface, the vis looks like it would be good) this summer with my brother, once we get the altitude diving training completed. Just ordered a bunch of cold water gear set to be delivered mid-month, so I'm amped to get wet. From what I hear the local diving can be spotty up here. I've heard it said that the best day here (humboldt/del norte counties) is equal to the worst day in Monterey. I figured the lakes might have better vis/conditions for a newer diver. Never thought about the lagoons up here....anyone have any idea of the depth? I've fished them, but haven't thought of diving since the water is brackish.

Back
Top Bottom