Buying and Servicing equipment in Sharm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elmagnoon

Contributor
Reaction score
Any recommendation for dive shops for buying and servicing equipment?
Do most divers in the Red Sea buy or bring their equipment with them if they're staying for extended period?

I would also consider going to Hurghada for a good dive shop.

Dive gear Prices are more expensive then Europe and the states. I would advice you to get your gear with you and pick an airline with divers baggage allowance. And as for the service most of the major brands can be serviced in Egypt. You could check the co. website if they have an agent/partners.

Most bring their own gear mainly becasue of the prices. As for service - it's easier. All big diving centres have their own service.

Mania

DomaNitrogen:
Dive gear Prices are more expensive then Europe and the states. I would advice you to get your gear with you and pick an airline with divers baggage allowance. And as for the service most of the major brands can be serviced in Egypt. You could check the co. website if they have an agent/partners.

What's a diver's package? I usually book my flights only not a dive package. Is this something the airline offers or an agent?

elmagnoon:
What's a diver's package? I usually book my flights only not a dive package. Is this something the airline offers or an agent?

Diver's baggage not package.

Some airlines from Europe, especially UK, allow more weights for divers. I think 50 Kg instead of 20.

Red Sea Shadow:
Diver's baggage not package.

Some airlines from Europe, especially UK, allow more weights for divers. I think 50 Kg instead of 20.

Thanks, I totally missed that! I checked with KLM and they do allow more weight for divers but there are exceptions and one of them is scuba tanks. They charge C$150.00 per tank.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom