Layering wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snowmaker

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I need to find something I can layer over my full suit to help stay a little warmer. I know a lot of folks put a vest or shorty under a full suit. My problem is I am very big across the shoulders and chest. I a guy by the way. Bare wetsuits fit me better then most. I'm an XL in all the size categories but the chest size. The problem is if I but something under my suit it makes it very tight to the point I am not comfortable and could effect breathing.

Can I buy a XXL Bare 7mm Arctic Vest and ware it over a regular full suit. Does anyone do this.

Thanks.

snowmaker:
Can I buy a XXL Bare 7mm Arctic Vest and ware it over a regular full suit. Does anyone do this.

Thanks.

That's is how that 7mm hooded step-in sleeveless shorty is meant to be worn, on top. They are cut to fit over so I would try the same size as the suit first.

Pete

Didn't know that. Thanks

I am a dyed in the wool wetsuit diver and that is the set up I have. 7mm Artic full with the Bare Hooded vest over the top. 2-3 dives a day in 45 degree water is limit. Contact divetank.com, they are right down the street from the Bare factory and have competative prices.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom