Aeris Elite T3 wierd events..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FastAttack

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well my Elite T3 is brand new per say .. Bought it in November of 2006

On may the 5th it went dead on me , like the battery died.

The weird part is if it was indeed the battery. According to the manual, there is a warning given to its diver about the low battery well in advance so the diver knows to replace it. in my case nada, I did a check the night before the dive and everything passed.

2nd weird thing that I am now recognizing is that the alarms on this computer never did ring... like ascending to fast or going into a high nitrogen loading.

Settings had all alarms set, and I could even hear the beep coming out of the computer.. As I think of it I think I've never heard the alarm out of this computer.

Honestly I thought I was being an extremely efficient diver setting my dive profile at every point of the dive, but this wasn't the case, I did a mild quick ascension and I saw the red light blink with no audible alarm. ( maybe part of the low battery?)

As of right now the dive computer is at the shop, as it stands it looks like a dead battery ( no flooding occurred) , and they are replacing it , but they told me they could send it back and have it checked and re-flashed but they warn me about the lengthy time to get it back

Any ideas or comments on the above?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom