My new Halcyon light in Whittier 05_06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AlaskaDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Eagle River, Alaska -> moved to Cape Cod, Mass
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I dove today with my new 18 watt head Halcyon light. I loved it! Everything was lit up. I will still continue to refine hose routing as this was not comfortable for me. Only 3 people showed up (me, a dive shop owner and his student). Loic & I went to the crane and back via the reef pyramids and the tanker. Octopus is likely there as a pile of Tanner crab shells were near a den. Saw a huge Ling cod (6') and lots of large female mating Tanner Crabs with their tiny little male mates (somehow this is hilarious to me). It was 39F water with 41F air temps. Viz was 20-25' (really good considering the plankton bloom. Windy and sunny skies. The views were spectacular. I saw 5 Bald Eagles in a tree together over one of the many rivers on the way home. It was an absolutely low tide. The box was at 17' and the slimy end of the ramp was exposed. Saw a huge bore tide (over 2') on the way home. A delightful day for diving.

Sure wish I had a dive buddy these days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom