Hello From Texarkana TX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texarkandy

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm 46 y/o dad currently working on OW certification with my daughter and been reading on here the last couple of weeks. This is a really great site.

I got PADI OW certified about 25 years ago from an LDS in El Paso, TX ,but only made 4 dives outside of my cert. dives.

Would like to hear from some local divers in Texarkana area -doesn't seem to be any kind of club here? I figure we'll dive Lakes DeGray & Quachita mostly.

Welcome to the boards.

I'm sure there are some people who will be willing to talk diving the Arkansas lakes around here somewhere.

Good for you diving with your girl.

TwoBit

texarkandy:
I figure we'll dive Lakes DeGray & Quachita mostly.

WELCOME!!!!

Hope you have a boat or pontoon...as most of the diving on these to lakes is non shore access.

Good luck in class and enjoy the time together with your daughter diving. :D

texdiveguy:
WELCOME!!!!
Hope you have a boat or pontoon...as most of the diving on these to lakes is non shore access.
Good luck in class and enjoy the time together with your daughter diving. :D

We have a fish-n-ski - now I wish I hadn't sold the pontoon! Am hoping to find some experienced folks to dive with after we get our certs cause we'll still be "newbies" at that point.

We get to DFW area frequently (used to live in FM) & I'm looking at visiting ScubaToys sometime in the next couple of weeks for snorkel gear & look at equip.

Welcome Aboard !
It's great diving as a family. My oldest daughter actually got the wife and I into the sport.
Enjoy !

texarkandy:
We get to DFW area frequently (used to live in FM) & I'm looking at visiting ScubaToys sometime in the next couple of weeks for snorkel gear & look at equip.
Welcome to the board! And we'll look forward to seeing you in the shop. Make sure you find Joe, say Hi, and let us know you're a SB member!

Welcome to SB! :cheers:

Good luck with your (re)certification!

smilies-35308.png

I don't know those lakes. Do dive with experienced divers only, and post again on the Texas forum.... :wink:

If you haven't yet, click Forums above and start going thru the list - looking for those of interest to you, especially your local dive club. Always good to try a Search before starting a new thread, tho :search: - click here for Search help, and be careful about posting Threads & Replies before reading the Sticky threads at the tops of most forums. PM me if I can help you around here..

:cowboy: don

Back
Top Bottom