Any one been to San Andres

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bossk

Reaction score
Got a quote on a vacation today that looks alright, just don't know a thing about this happy little Island, or what the dive conditions are like, opinions welcome as always :)

Been there two times but only swam around with a mask I brought. I have a girlfriend that lives in Bogota and I like to take her someplace out of the city. San Andreas is nice and I am told the diving is good. The price is really cheap coming out of Bogota. I have been to Cartagena and the islands off the coast but in cartagena you can not go any place with out people trying to sell you stuff very annoying will never go back. In the old city we had one beer on a outside table and during the one beer we had 22 people set sh#$%t on our table and tried to sell and would not leave us alone. The beach was just as bad! I was the only American I ever saw in either location but alot of Canadians go to San Andreas. I have been to Colombia 5 times and it is truly unique. Do not go to Bogota unless you have friends meet you at the airport when you arrive. I have personal horror stories if you want to hear them but you would have to PM me, most folks on this board will stay away from this location but the diving on San Andreas and Providencia is Cozumel 30 years ago but do not tell anyone.Let the fear factor keep them away next trip I bring the dive gear and let my girlfriend guard my towel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom