The thread to end all "are the ebay scooters good?"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrRoo

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
The answer is very, very, very simple. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Bought mine and got it today, charged it, put it all together, put it in about 5 inches of water from my spa and turned it on and it turned on. Said sweet and met a friend at a local pool to mes around with it and the damn thing would not turn back on. Thought maybe the battery was dead but I put it back on the charger again and when it was full it still wouldn't run. So if you are looking to get a ebay scooter don't, spend the extra $150 and get the Sea-Doo.

oh no, you poor thing!

we've been given one of those $150 buck seadoos and it hasnt been turned on yet.... was planning on letting the kids play with it in the pool

our other seadoo is one of the $800 jobs (i won that one) and it does a pretty good job

cheers

almitywife:
oh no, you poor thing!

we've been given one of those $150 buck seadoos and it hasnt been turned on yet.... was planning on letting the kids play with it in the pool

our other seadoo is one of the $800 jobs (i won that one) and it does a pretty good job

cheers

I just revoked PayPal funds so it doesn't bother me at all.

well thats very cool then!

i didnt know paypal had a refund policy... now youre got a cool paperweight

MrRoo:
The thread to end all "are the ebay scooters good?"

And you really believe that?

Why do you think that because You had a problem, every scooter on ebay is bad.
Man what an ego!
Bought 2 scooters on ebay over 18 mo. ago and both are fine, so:

All scooters bought on ebay are great!

Yeah, right.

MrRoo:
The answer is very, very, very simple. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Bought mine and got it today, charged it, put it all together, put it in about 5 inches of water from my spa and turned it on and it turned on. Said sweet and met a friend at a local pool to mes around with it and the damn thing would not turn back on. Thought maybe the battery was dead but I put it back on the charger again and when it was full it still wouldn't run. So if you are looking to get a ebay scooter don't, spend the extra $150 and get the Sea-Doo.

Did you buy from an individual or a certain store on EBAY?

If a certain store, let us know. There is one on there that routinely advertises a Sea Doo type scooter with metal gears and 2 batteries for $149 bucks including shipping. I've often thought about buying one. Is this the one you got?

Was this this store? (see below URL)
anyone else have experiences with this store?
http://stores.ebay.com/Get-Electric-Scooters_Sea-Scooter_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQfsubZ14QQftidZ2QQtZkm

ebay is not a brand, it is an assemblage of on-line auctions/stores.

SeaDoos are junky at best and the SeaDoo clones are junkier yet. Duh, that is why they are so cheap.

N

Back
Top Bottom