Good dive center in Dahab

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlubbBlubb

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi!

Just wanted to share a recommendation here at Scuba board.
A couple of weeks ago, me and my family went to Dahab. Me and son(14) and daughter(12) wanted to do OW advanced, and after some browsing we got in contact with Big Blue, Dahab and we were so pleased with their services!!

Manager Mohammed gave us a good deal and our instructor Adel was absolutely excellent!! - patient and exprienced!!

It is sometimes hard to choose where to turn to when you're heading to a new spot on the world map. Take my word; if you want good service in Dahab, at least talk to Mohammed before taking any other decision.

And if you guys read this....greeting to all of you, especially to Ali and of course.. 'Mauritius'!

Thanks a lot!

Anders
(+ Otis & Freja)

In general most operators in Dahab have to be good to remain in business. It is a great place to dive and very popular.

I dive with Poseidon - chosen after two separate personal recommendations, one whom was Monty Halls. Poseidon staff are great and the centre has won an armful of awards... you won't be dissapointed.

http://www.poseidondivers.com/

Hi there,

We're are also going to Dahab february -09 and trying to find good divecenter where to rent our gear and day trips.
Do you remember that is it possible to hire UW-camera from these divecenters? I would like to take couple of pictures underwater but I don't have housing for my Canon 40D :uwphotographer: .

Thanks in advance

Hi there,

We're are also going to Dahab february -09 and trying to find good divecenter where to rent our gear and day trips.
Do you remember that is it possible to hire UW-camera from these divecenters? I would like to take couple of pictures underwater but I don't have housing for my Canon 40D :uwphotographer: .

Thanks in advance

Hey Juha,

I was in Dahab just a couple of weeks ago, and almost all the dive centers there have UW cameras to rent. and there are a lot of dive centers there. I doubt you won't find one at the dive center you'll be renting from, but just in case, ask before you decide to go with them!

Enjoy Dahab :)

Hi there,

Thanks in advance

Moi

I too will be in Dahab at the end of feb for 2 weeks. I've been checking out a few dive centres and the 1 that's caught my eye is club red and their basic but quaint accomodation. Most budget friendly I've found. Some of the centres are high end commercial set ups by the look of it, backed by a 5* resort. hmm, not for me.

I would recommend taking your own kit as if you are doing much diving in your travels it would work out cheaper in the end, also having serviced regs in the past i know how much puke and gunk is in a reg, so I use my own!

You can pick a great deal up on ebay for a decent digital camera and housing!

Good luck. PM me if I want

Perhaps we could go for an iso olut if we are in dahab at the same time!

d

FantaSea seemed to be professionally run. As to gear rental i agree with dazle, it's better to buy your own

I like Poseidon Divers... they were helpful, safety conscious and fun to dive with. The accomodations they coordinate for you are reasonable... they could be 5 star if you stay out at the Marriott but in town they are clean and friendly. We were there for a week last year and enjoyed it very much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom