Red Sea advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lord Melch:
Hi All,

Done lots of diving around Dahab and some from Sharm (Thistlegorm, Yolanda/Shark reef)

Planning do do more in Sept. These specifically... The Brothers, Safaga, Salem Express,
El Minya, Panorama reef

Good choice ? Any tips appreciated..

The Brothers are extraordinary. Safaga is OK. Salem and Panorama are in Safaga and are OK as well. If you're gonna dive Safaga, give Abu Kifan a try.

El Mina isn't worth it.

The main issue is, during a normal vacation duration, you'll dive either the Brothers or Safaga.

Red Sea Shadow:
The Brothers are extraordinary. Safaga is OK. Salem and Panorama are in Safaga and are OK as well. If you're gonna dive Safaga, give Abu Kifan a try.

El Mina isn't worth it.

The main issue is, during a normal vacation duration, you'll dive either the Brothers or Safaga.

Thanks for the info.
Sounds good - the trip is Brothers and Safaga so sounds ace.

To dive Brothers, you'll be on a liveaboard. Nowadays most one week itinerarys to the Brothers also include Elphinstone and Dedalus Reef. The distance between the reefs are pretty vast, but the boat moves at night so you go to bed at one reef (or leave after the last dive of the day) and wake up the following morning on a new one - not wasting valuable dive time on transport. Isn't liveaboard diving wonderful :)

/christian

Gents,

Thanks for the info.

Will be departing from Hurgada - well that's the plan.
It'll be my first true liveaboard so should be fun. (and she's a luxury yacht buy all accounts)
April, I did a day trip out to the Thistlegorm and Shark/Yolander which was ace fun. Busy at Thistlegorm by all accounts but fine by me - just glad to be diving.
Also had some amazing trips from Dahab, with and without Nitrox.

The lady who co-owned the boat for the TG trip said some "big fish" come out to play in the summer - I would liked to have done peak summer, but can't so Sept it is.

Isn't life good :D:D

Lord Melch:
Gents,

Thanks for the info.

Will be departing from Hurgada - well that's the plan.
It'll be my first true liveaboard so should be fun. (and she's a luxury yacht buy all accounts)
April, I did a day trip out to the Thistlegorm and Shark/Yolander which was ace fun. Busy at Thistlegorm by all accounts but fine by me - just glad to be diving.
Also had some amazing trips from Dahab, with and without Nitrox.

The lady who co-owned the boat for the TG trip said some "big fish" come out to play in the summer - I would liked to have done peak summer, but can't so Sept it is.

Isn't life good :D:D

Summer is great in the Egyptian Red Sea. I'll be on Brothers in june :)

/c

Now doing Northern wrecks and reefs
Abu Nuhas, Ras Mohammed, Thistlegorm, Dunraven Rosalie Moller, Gubal Straits, El Minya - in Sept - :D

Back
Top Bottom