My Recipe Contribution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coach_izzy

Contributor
Reaction score
Sheesh! Seeing how neglected (though important) this area is, I decided to start adding a few ideas for you guys. The recipes that I will post have been designed by RDs and try to stay as close as possible to current dietary guidelines. Of course, you can always modify them to suit your preferences :) Enjoy!

Quick Tuna Casserole
If you are looking for a quick-fix for dinner - look no further than this tasty tuna casserole. It is rich in flavor and nutrients and only takes minutes to prepare. Yields 4 servings

Ingredients:

1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
1/2 cup fat-free milk
2 cups cooked yolk-free wide noodles
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine, melted
Instructions:

In a large bowl, combine soup and milk until smooth. Add noodles, peas, tuna and pimientos; mix well.
Pour into a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with non-stick cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 400 for 25 minutes.
Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top. Bake 5 minutes longer or until golden brown.

Nutritional Analysis: One serving (1 cup) equals 255 calories, 6g fat, 31g carbohydrate, 18g protein

Back
Top Bottom