We fill Pre 1990 Aluminum Cylinders

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aqua Marine

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
If you need your pre 1990 aluminum cylinders filled and your LDS has told you they won't do it, bring them on by!

We fill Nitrox, O2, Trimix, and yes OLD ALUMINUM 6351 ALLOY CYLINDERS.

We will even give you FREE INSPECTIONS with the purchase of a fill card.

We are a dive club in Deltona, Florida with certified PSI INSPECTION INSTRUCTORS with all the tools to do it right!

We even offer FREE weekly Drop off & Pick up service at the Orlando Airport for divers on the "South Side"

Glad to see some trust for properly tested 6351s (but I don't own any bombs)

Tell me more about the free inspection/fill card...
if you need cylinders for the students to test, I could drop off some idle tanks/gear...

I include a free VIP & eddy current inspection with every fill card. The root problem is with improper inspections being done and damage being missed that eventually turns into an incident. according to the DOT and the Dept of Hazmat investigations the damage has been evident to the point that it would have been visually obvious after every cylinder failure.

If we know a potential problem exists we need to be diligent with our inspections to assure the cylinders are safe. LDS typically do not find it economically viable to have personnel spend the time to do a proper inspection nor to send them to class to get certified and will often do their own version of a visual inspection.

I don't have a problem filling the cylinders as long as I know what condition they are in. I also want to look at them more often than once a year, so if you buy a fill card I do an inspection then. if you are active diving I will be inspecting the cylinder 3 or 4 times a year and that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy...

Gary, I trust you'll be doing the full eddy current testing as well? Not just visual?

YES, the eddy current is included. We do a visual, Eddy current and Optical Plus Inspections. Optical Plus is a FANTASTIC tool if you have ever seen or used one you will never do another inspection without one.

Thank for the comment Frank!

I am cheap. I am thirfty. I have to be on my salary VS my various expensive hobbies.

However even on my Meek scratch I can afford to rotate out and retire a tank every 15 years or so.

A Pre 1990 tank CAN be tested and used and CAN be certified to be "within standards" but I think in 17 years you have gotten your money out of it as a Scuba cylinder and time to start enjoying it as a front gate gong.

Actually out of my various hobbies and piles of gear I do not think I have anything that is 17 years old with the exception of a 12 ga 870.

When your SCuba gear is getting old enough to go out on car dates alone it is time to buy some new stuff.

Just my .02 hell make it $1.00 keep the .98 to put toward a new tank every 15 years or so.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom