Sherwood Avid question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

awdorrin

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to reattach the 'handles' to the strings connected to the dump valves? When I tugged on the right-hand shoulder valve this afternoon the handle popped off the string.

I'm not sure if you can just try to push the knotted end of the string back into the hole, or if there is a trick to it.

I figured I'd check here before giving the local dive shop a call.

Thanks!

Untie the existing knot. If it is a late model Avid, it will have a plastic knob, the end cap of which will pry off. Carefully pry off the end cap. Slide the string through from small end to large end. Tie a BIGGER knot than the original. Slide the knot into the knob. Replace the end cap.

You don’t need to pry off the plug, use a small screwdriver or punch and run it thru the top, which will pop out the plug no problem, and then tie a bigger knot. Easy fix

Thanks for the suggestions, my BC is now fixed! :)

A 3/32" allen key worked perfectly to push through to pop the cap off the handle/ball.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom