A great day on the water - Keys Laughfest II (images)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidsdream

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
It is May once more and Paul Osmond (Marriard) was back in town for some work and of course diving.

I had a chance to meet up with Paul, his buddy Rob and Soflaroger for a great day of diving. Come along for the ride on Divers City's Diversity.

The conditions topside were perfect and the vis. was in the 60' range - not outstanding, but I did scope out some new shots to be tried out again on one of those perfect 100' vis days.

This is the perspective the Spiegel's crane operator had doing his job.
Crane+command+bride+sm.jpg

With no current to fight, I had a lot of air left as I drifted to the end of the ship (we dropped at the bow and planned for a stern pick-up), so I decided to take a look at the big wheels that pushed this baby through the water. I had not been that way to take a look since the boat righted itself.

Not a great shot as I disturbed a Goliath Grouper hiding in the general area that pushed up a lot of sand.
SG+wheel+sm.jpg

The ship rests a great deal deeper that it used to with the keel sitting around 148'

With no current, a free ascent was the method of the day.
Paul+SS1.jpg

While I did have a lot of air, my profile strongly suggest a bit of a deco obligation. Note Paul's exceptional form.
Paul+SS2.jpg

Ever wonder where those stock images of divers doing a giant sride come from?
Giant+Stride.jpg

Rob led the group with over 11 tries for that "perfect shot".

Speaking of Rob, he became Igor Robovich for the second dive thanks in part to his Russian hat (ie. recovered tank boot) that stayed put with no attachments.
Ivan+the+great.jpg

We did 3 dives during a great day on the water. With that I need to pack my things back up and head off to St. Louis.

Great pictures, I really need to get out to the Keys one of these days.

Looks like a great trip! Thanks fo the report!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom