Dive Report - Grand Circuit - 12 May 07

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ben_ca

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Dive Report - Grand Circuit - 12 May 07

Team:
Jonathan
Nils
Ben

Shore Support: Kevin

In the middle of the ReefCheck class we found a little time to get some diving in...

The Grand Circuit is one of our standard scooter runs... Wall - Barge - Metridium Fields - Wall.... it's a real nice run specially from the Breakwater where you have parking, showers ect... We do this run often but for extra points we did it with stages... oh and in the dark :)

P5120035Small.jpg

These guys were wondering why we had all that gas :)
P5120040Small.jpg

P5120038Small.jpg

Kevin was inspired to construct a piece of modern art....
P5120039Small.jpg

P5120044Small.jpg

P5120043Small.jpg

P5120042Small.jpg

ReefCheck class was fun but diving with doubles, a stage, HID lights and an X-Scooter can't be beat
P5120047Small.jpg

The other divers still looking at us crazies with way too much gear...
P5120060Small.jpg

P5120061Small.jpg

Stand by for brief.... SADDDDD.... or GUE EDGE? :D
P5120062Small.jpg

Pee Valve Checked
P5120063Small.jpg

P5120064Small.jpg

Ready....
P5120065Small.jpg

Going....
P5120066Small.jpg

Going.....
P5120067Small.jpg

Gone...
P5120068Small.jpg

and later that night..... :D
P5120080Small.jpg

Highlights:
Thornback ray wedged in the rocks on the way out...
Lots of juvie rockfish all over the wall
Nudies at the barge....
The patches of squid eggs in the sand.
The 2 market squid in the sand... wasn't sure if they were laying eggs or just hanging out... waited a while but they had bigger tanks :(...

It was a blast... a bit taxing because of the dark and I was checking out a 40cuft stage... but other than that it was a great dive...

Vis wasn't that great... 5 ish.. but the HID's are great for keeping the team together..

There were tons of divers there earlier... lot's of classes... hopefully we'll get some more reports from them...
P5120008Small.jpg

P5120005Small.jpg

Even saw one or two in a BP&W :)
P5120006Small.jpg

So how many divers do you count?
P5120007Small.jpg

Oh, my goodness, it was Grand Central Station at the Breakwater! Looks like Cove 2 on a summer Saturday.

I love the picture of the HID glow from under the water. It's always fun to see a team coming back to the surface.

I miss diving with Kevin. He was such good company in Cozumel.

Thanks for the report. I love sharing the good times with you guys this way.

Wow. What a crowd. I guess we pinned it perfectly with your guys. I don't remember seeing that many people.

How long was your GC three Amigos 9 tank uber-dive?

Stages? That was for practice, right? Can you get to a place with a short body at the breakwater where you "need" a stage?

Miss you guys.

---
Ken

Mo2vation:
Wow. What a crowd. I guess we pinned it perfectly with your guys. I don't remember seeing that many people.

How long was your GC three Amigos 9 tank uber-dive?

Stages? That was for practice, right? Can you get to a place with a short body at the breakwater where you "need" a stage?

Miss you guys.

---
Ken

When you come back we'll bring you over to Granite Pt wall in Lobos.... Lot's of color

Stages were for practice... I did not deploy... Jonathan used his to save his HE in his back tanks, Nils practiced with his... they both deployed... then swapped 80's...

This is a typical Sat morning summer crowd... It'll pick up a bit more... It's all goo though... I love chatting it up with wide eyed new divers and eavesdropping... "Did you see that Anemone!!!!" :)

Very nice report Ben! It's been a while since I've done a night dive out at BW. I need to get out there again. My new Salvo light is on it's way, so I'll be looking to give it a good workout when it arrives.

HID's kick ***.... Kevin was saying it was very obvious it was us coming back from the Met fields by the glow and fast pace...

he was all ready to help us out when we hung a left at the wall and headed back out :D

John - We'll get that thing to some good use... The algae layer should be back soon

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom