I cant get over the vis in Mendo last weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

N.CoastDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Wow....I decided to dive Mendocino this past weekend. I led two recently certified divers on an epic weekend of diving. We dove Jack Peters (500D) and the pipeline/headlands. Hey Andy and Brian....wish you guys were there.... Anyways, we strolled right in to a normally hectic entry point and i couldnt help but shout "holy s&%$t" through my snorkel as I looked at the bottom and realized that we had at least 35 feet of vis in a spot where 10 feet is phenomenal. Words cannot describe this past weekend. Maybe some photos can...here is a link to my webshots page with pics from the weekend if anyone is interested.

http://community.webshots.com/user/ezchiphi

the only bad part of the weekend is that while camping at Caspar beach (Van Damme was full), some a-holes stole all my beer out of my cooler in the middle of the night. At least they left the cooler and most importantly didnt mess with my dive gear. Heads would be rollin if that had happened.

hope to see yall soon
kevin

Hey Kevin!

I am glad to hear it was so nice. I really enjoyed diving Jack Peters with you last year. So it looks like we are headed up your way in July, will you come and join us? More people to guard the beer:D

Sounds like you had an excellent weekend. I hope to do both those sites if conditions permit in July. What kind of loser steals beer from coolers in the middle of the night? Pathetic.

Thanks for the info on Cresent city and the Smith. Maybe we'll catch you in July

Jim

Kevin. good to here from you. hope you get some free time to join us in july. Ill bring my dog to guard the beer..freaking losers.. I despise thief's. Im sure that if thay would have asked. they could have taken the beer. conditions have been good down here in sonoma lately too.. sure is nice..one of my favorite dives was with you and Andy out at jack peters..hope to do it again.. Brian

RenPirate: Can you help to keep me informed of the local diving activities on the North Coast. I think I'd like to go out with your group sometimes. If you can handle a newly certified diver in the mix.

Hi Nesher,

Our group is for anyone who wants to dive, both experienced and new to the sport. All you have to do is show up at any of our monthly dives. It looks like the next one is going to be on June 9th at Gerstle Cove in Sonoma County. You can check out our board in my signature line for more details.

We usally have around ten or more poeple show up so you should have no trouble hooking up with a dive buddy. I would be happy to introduce you to everyone and go over the basics of diving the North Coast. Feel free to pm with any other questions you might have.

Back
Top Bottom