Is it too late to book Dive Op for Memorial Day weekend in KL?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ls1mtz

Registered
Reaction score
I was just wondering how crazy it would be to try and get some dives in during Memorial Day weekend in Key Largo? We have nothing booked, a couple of friends just asked if I wanted to give it a try. There would be four of us total. I was thinking a 1pm 2 tank dive the 26th to account for the drive down and a 8am 2 tank dive the 27th. All pretty new divers looking for reef dives, no SG or Duane. The fiance is wanting to do the Christ Abyss for one dive. Any ides of an Op that is going to have openings or should I give up before beginning?

Istmtz....

Find a dive OP probably will not be a problem, but finding affordable rooms maybe! Contact shops like Silent World that have agreements with various hotels, and keep your fingers crossed for luck!

Pat

You could pm Speargirl here and see if there are any cancellations on the condos she rents out.

Bottom line: I'm sure that with a little effort and a few phone calls you will have a wonderful holiday weekend!

MsParamedic:
Debby....I think I may have read on here that Becky has some openings for the weekend. Great idea!

Speargirl definitely has (or at least had) openings for Memorial Day weekend: http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=190415

MsP,
I'll be diving w/ you guys on Saturday that w/e - I think we have the Duane in the am and SG in the pm :wink:

I did have an opening but it is filled by a SB member. Sorry
Last I heard a few Hotels had some openings but I am sure not many left.
I did get another unit yesterday on the 5th floor with an ocean view that is just beautiful but I had someone here waiting for a unit to open up for Memorial Day so it went to them. Good news is that it is open all summer so if you hurry you can book it for the times you need.
Becky

Hey Pat.
Still got Starburst??
Hope to see you guys later this summer.
Missed you a couple months back. Bought the guys a round at the Buzzards Roost. AJ, Bob etc.
How is the ankle??

Hey Randy and Angie!!

I got a back log of Starburst from being out of the water with this ankle issue. It's much better, Im diving again (after being out for over a month ), and hopefully it will be 100% soon. Let me know when you guys are coming down since you now owe me a round---and I owe you Starbursts (I think I'm coming out ahead on this deal!) LOL

Pat

PS Let me know how your Coz trip goes...Im jealous!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom