diving in FLL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tetrix

Registered
Reaction score
i am planning to dive in Forth Lauderdale next week, could anyone please recommend an operation. last time i dived with dixie divers, diving was great but i didnt like carrying my tanks ( i am petite) to my car. thanks!

I am heading there this weekend with my dive club. We use Parrot Island Scuba. I personally haven't been there before, but my club has used them quite a few times in the past. If they weren't good, I'm sure we wouldn't be going back.

Mountain Dog

tetrix:
i am planning to dive in Forth Lauderdale next week, could anyone please recommend an operation. last time i dived with dixie divers, diving was great but i didnt like carrying my tanks ( i am petite) to my car. thanks!

Parrot Island runs a great operation in Pompano and you can back your car up so you're only about 25' feet from the boat. They are also very service oriented so if you asked the DM to carry your tanks from/to your car, I'm sure they'd accommodate the request. That's a little more than they'd normally do so I'd tip a little more as well.

American Dream II running from the Hyatt Pier 66 also allows you to load/unload pretty close to the boat (maybe 15-20').

I'm surprised no one has asked - what type of diving are you actually looking to do -

Fort Lauderdale has a few different types - reefs at 20-30ft, reefs 45-65 feet, wrecks at 70 feet, reefs from 55-90 feet, and wrecks at 90 ft to 130 feet.

Are you spearing, how deep do you feel comfortable at?

If you're petite and good on air, look at an LP66 steel tank. They're like little baby tanks even next to an aluminum 80.
Amazing what some people get for bottom times.

thanks for help,
i am not so much into wrecks, more into reefs at any depth.
Tom i dont carry my own tank, just whatever is available at dive operation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom